Does your car’s air conditions feel like it’s just pushing warm air around? Do you dread the fuel bill every time you switch on the climate control?
If so, it could be time for a car aircon regas. Perth drivers know how central a car’s air conditioning can be to their comfort on the road, and regular maintenance will keep you system working effectively and efficiently.
Your car’s air conditioning is a complex system that needs a proper fill of refrigerant gas and compressor oil to stay in optimal working order.
Over time, gas escapes from the system, which causes it to become less effective. This is why manufacturers recommend your system be topped up with fresh gas and oil annually.
A poorly maintained air conditioner can a number of adverse effects. These include:
- Using more of your car’s fuel while delivering a lower level of performance
- Taking longer to demist your windscreen (or not demisting at all), creating a serious safety hazard in the colder months
- Doing further damage to the system, which will be more costly to fix in the long term.
The good news is, there’s no reason to hold out on your annual air con regas. Cost effective and quick, it can often be done while you wait. At Auto Edge, we clean out your system, flushing it of all liquids, test for leaks and other problems, and refill the refrigerant as per your manufacturer’s specifications.
- Air con regassing is not included in routine vehicle servicing, but is inexpensive and quick.
- If your vehicle is more than 2 years old, you should consider having the air conditioning system re-gassed with refrigerant.
- It’s a smart idea to get a bacteria clean treatment at the same time, as air con systems can be reservoirs for mould and bacteria.
- If your air conditioning is losing its potency even after topping it off, then you probably have a leak. That’s why we include a quick test as part of our air con servicing process.